Today is my birthday and I'm ready for another wonderful year. To help me make the most of it, I like to create a goal list that helps stay me on track throughout the year. I really believe the key to making these lists is to be specific. The more specific your goal is at the beginning the less room there is for interpretation and ultimately procrastination. Some of these are small goals and others are long term, but all of them will help make another great year. Here it goes:
- Curl my hair more, at least twice a week
- Rebuild our backyard deck
- Go back to North Carolina <3 (and perhaps stay there forever) - DONE 4/14
- Blog more, 3 times a week is my goal
- Post at least one thing a day on Instagram
- Complete an entire greeting card line for all occasions
- Expand our product line to include ready-made custom invites, art prints, notebooks and tote bags
- Actively pursue more custom work that fits in with my goals
- Start selling my products wholesale and get into 10 stores
- Continue to workout on a regular basis, three - four times a week
- Clean out and organize our house - DONE 5/14
- Take time to experiment with new art projects and leave room for failure.
- Reach 500 Etsy sales - DONE 4/14
- Do at least one craft show - Rustbelt Market or the Detroit Urban Craft Fair
- Start participating on social media more, especially Twitter, on a regular basis
- Go to a conference
- Solidify my brand style and marketing plan
- Get a business mentor - DONE 4/14
- Start Screen Printing
- Read a book a month, bonus if at least half of the books are from my 2014 Reading list
- Spend quality time every day with Linus <3
- Build my creative confidence and continue to improve my skills
- Try a new local restaurant every month
- Create a line of products whose proceeds go to an animal welfare group
- Improve my product photos
- Go to a concert with Steve
- Learn to sew
- Build a new portfolio site
- Go on a date a week with Steve. All fun, no business.
- Get an actual (not-for-profit) hobby, maybe photography.
- Get a cute swimsuit and swim in the ocean
A few ongoing goals of mine are to strive to focus on quality over quantity, to slow down and relax, and to accept that fact that some things just take time. I'm a hyper productive person and I want what I want, when I want it, so I'm really trying to have more patience just in general.
Steve and I both took that day off work and were heading out to have some fun. Two years ago today it was 80 degrees outside and we went to the Detroit zoo. Today is 40 out, and we've decided to go to the zoo again. It's going to be chilly, but with the winter we've had 40 feels like a heat wave. Seize the day. Happy weekend, everyone!